Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This is the Life

I realize that I have almost been here for six months and still have not shown many pictures of where I live and what my daily life is like here in Wangkasae. Today I thought I would share.

My "baan" (house)

My dining room table, this is where I eat my meals

My bathroom. I bathe by using the pink bowl to pour water on myself. There is no hot water but as it is pretty hot here I don't really miss it too much. The gray bucket and bowl are to "flush" the toilet, and I have to say that my thighs are super strong and looking great after using a "squatter" for a few months.

My roommate in our "kitchen". We cook on an electrical Wok and use the rice cooker for rice (duh) but also to reheat food.

Our "sink", this is where I wash the dishes.


Our backyard trash pile. It gets burned twice a month.

This is where I get my bananas, its right in my backyard!

My "hong non" (bedroom), small but my cozy sanctuary!

My beautiful school and the views around it.





Some gifts made for me by students. They carved these flowers out of pumpkin.
Some drawings I have recieved that decorate my office area at school


Some shots of my students



Identical twins name Nueng and Song (One and Two)

Making me a picture
Thats all for now, I hope you enjoyed seeing a little more of what my life is like here and all the places and people that make it home.

1 comment:

  1. Katie! Your bathroom is horrifiying me! Sorry to hear its so hot and likely to get hotter!
    Love you and miss you,
    Auntie Jill

    ReplyDelete